Adolescent (ages 13 - 18)
Designed for group format and can be adapted for family treatment when warranted. The curriculum is completed in approximately 46 sessions (12 months) for teens with no prior treatment for PSB and 23 sessions (6 months) for teens who successfully completed prior residential PSB treatment. Most 90-minute PSB-CBT™-A group sessions begin with concurrent Teen and Caregiver groups, and conclude with Combined Teen-Caregiver group time. Topic Areas:
- Understanding state sex laws and consequences for illegal sexual behavior
- Supervision and monitoring of teen behavior
- Family communication skills development
- Understanding, taking responsibility and making restitution for problematic sexual decision-making
- Developing healthy non-sexual and sexual decision-making and self-control strategies
Typically implemented with youth under juvenile justice oversight. Teen groups commonly run as single gender groups.